Testwood Baptist Church (TBC) is looking to appoint a full time Associate Pastor who models collaborative leadership and acts as a deputy to the Senior Minister within a team of three full-time and five part-time paid members. This is a wide-ranging role but focuses on three key priorities:
1. To oversee and develop discipleship and small groups ministry in TBC.
2. To oversee and develop the pastoral care ministry of TBC.
3. To fully participate in TBC’s preaching and teaching ministry.
To fulfil other tasks which may be required from time to time at the direction of the Senior Pastor. The ethos and spirit of TBC is captured online and further background information is contained on our website for your additional research. TBC is part of the Baptist Union of Great Britain (BUGB), SCBA and the Evangelical Alliance.
The person we are looking for
• Will be a minister with theological training, preferably to degree level.
• Will have significant experience of providing pastoral care, preferably with experience of ministerial leadership.
• Will be gifted in Bible teaching, discipleship and reflective Christian spirituality.
Skills and Abilities
• A servant-orientated heart with the experience and track record of in-depth adult pastoral care.
• The ability to organise, encourage and develop a greater depth of discipleship within small groups.
• The capability and capacity to manage staff and volunteers, demonstrating strong team-building skills.
• Evidence of being a self-starter with the ability to effectively initiate fresh pathways of compassionate care within the church community, especially amongst bereaved, troubled or questioning disciples.
• The discernment and discipline to prioritise work commitments with effective time management.
Spiritual and Personal Attributes
• An ongoing personal faith in Christ as Saviour, rooted in the Bible as God’s inspired Word and empowered by the Holy Spirit at home, work and leisure.
• Baptised by immersion on profession of faith.
• Of good character, meeting the requirements for elders/overseers in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
• A passionate, relational and servant-orientated heart evidenced by faith, hope and love whilst inhabiting and modelling a good Christian example to others.
• An ability to develop and sustain good relationships with all ages and backgrounds.
• An intentional desire to grow in Christian character and be a life-long learner.
• Be in agreement with the BU Declaration of Principle and the Evangelical Alliance Statement of Faith.
Terms and Conditions
• Salary – Between M4 and M6 on Teachers Pay Scale depending on level of knowledge and experience
• Potential manse accommodation subject to relevant salary deduction in line with BU allowance.
• Working hours – 40 hours per week.
• BU pension scheme.
• Holiday – 25 days + 8 bank holidays.
• Use of an office in the church.
• Travel expenses. Annual Christian book/journal allowance for continuing professional development.
• Annual spiritual retreat/conference/study of one week.
• Annual appraisal and regular supervision.
• A driving licence.
• Compliance with confidentiality, safeguarding, GDPR and accountability protocols.
• An enhanced DBS check will be required.
For more information and an application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 19th March 2023