YFMYouth and Families Matter was established in 1993, as the initiative of Testwood Baptist Church, to serve in and work to improve the wellbeing of the community in which we are based. We offer a front line service delivering welfare support to youth and families in our local community at the point of need.
YFM became a registered charity in April 2009 - number 1128524.
The project aim is to help meet the increasing needs of children, young people and families through support, training and education.
YFM's vision is to see the growth of wellbeing in our community, relationally, emotionally, practically and spiritually. In practise this means we support individuals - enabling the development of relational and personal skills, promoting safety and facilitating positive contributions to others in our community.
Examples of Work:
- Parenting courses for parents of pre-schoolers, junior age, or of teenagers.
- Several other courses, including self-esteem, anger management, support for parents of children with additional needs, support for individuals suffering from depression or anxiety
- Befriending individuals and families.
- Basics bank - offering emergency food parcels to those in urgent financial need.
- Schools work.
- Detached youthwork, including Streetwise and after school drop-ins.
- Holiday playschemes and activity days.
- Drop-in coffee morning.
YFM works in partnership with a number of other local voluntary and statutory agencies.
For more information please call 023 8086 0320 or e-mail Youth and Families Matter, or visit their website.
find out more
Youth and Families Matter website